Here are some of the reasons why we bake cookies at our house.
• “I forgot to tell you about the bake sale at school, mom.”
• “Your mom bakes?!?!”
• The snowman shape that really is “See my gingerbread man, Mom.”
• Time spent with the children.
• The yummy aroma that fills the house.
• They freeze well (if they last that long).
• The smiles they create when you give them as gifts.
• Something to have on hand if company drops in (if they last that long).
• Being part of a cookie exchange or cookie co-op
And my all time favorite has to be “These are my favorite, you’re the best, Mom”.
Some of our favorite recipes can be found in the collection of From Our Home To Yours cookbooks.